Wednesday 19 September 2012

Our Dance Performance - Wonderland Concert

The preps did an amazing job in our school concert yesterday. They were all extremely excited and justifiably proud of themselves.  Here are a few of their thoughts about their first foray into school theatre.




I was so proud of myself because I did so well in my first performance ever.

I wasn't expecting that place to be like that....because I thought you don't have to walk in through the door, you just have to stay there, it was quite crazy, and I didn't expect it to have pebbles for the ground. (cobblestones on the path)



I didn't think that there would be, like, two, like places with curtains, because like, I thought you would go out one place and go in the same place as you go out.  

I didn't expect that it should be, like a big whiteboard, to show you what's happening on stage.



I didn't expect that we were going to do a concert like we did.
What do you mean by that?
Because I've never done a concert and I didn't expect it to be like that.
What did you expect it to be?
I didn't think there was going to be as many people as there was.

Well, I was a bit nervous 'cos there was lots of people and I was really proud of myself cos I did really well in my first concert ever, and I was really proud that my family went.


I expected it to be like that because I've been there before
What else have you been there for?
Because my mum was selling some stuff to get money there...they were selling badges, for father's day.

I didn't expect it to be there...in that place.


I didn't expect there should be a big area where you could go in, I thought there was a door.  

I didn't expect, I thought the stage was gonna, I thought we had steps to be, to lead to the stage.  I wasn't expecting to just be on the stage, you could just walk on the stage.  And I didn't know why we had to go to the tape to sit on (bridge dance spots).



I thought, I didn't expect there should be a big black skinny carpet, I thought it was just a big sofa, like when the space figures just come on, so it could be slidy, or so it could be sticky so you could easily do the slide for the space figures.  When you do the slide you just skid and you stop so it's not very good.

Thank you dear families for the amazing work you did on the costumes and for coming to support the children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment